Our team of attorneys is currently investigating claims that plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Kovanda sexually abused patients during treatment.
What We Know About Dr. Kovanda
Dr. Kovanda is a plastic surgeon practicing out of Kovanda Aesthetic Surgery in Minneapolis, MN.
The Minnesota Board of Medical Practice temporarily suspended Dr. Kovanda’s license, effective March 3, 2022, for reasons including the following:
- “[E]ngaging in conduct with a patient which is sexual or may reasonably be interpreted by the patient as sexual, or in any verbal behavior which is seductive or sexually demeaning to a patient”
- “[M]edical practice that is professionally incompetent”
- “[C]onduct likely to harm the public”
A March 4, 2022 Star Tribune article revealed that “at least six women have accused Dr. Kovanda of sexual misconduct since 2008” including:
- 2019 – Dr. Kovanda disrobed a patient without asking during pre-operation examinations, touched his legs to hers, and placed his hands on her hips for too long a time
- 2018 – Dr. Kovanda instructed a patient to remove all clothes except for her high heels and then caressed her back and hips and pressed himself against her from behind
This is not Dr. Kovanda’s first interaction with the Board. Another Star Tribune article reported that after Dr. Kovanda acknowledged having sex with a patient, the Board reprimanded him, requiring for three years that he have a female monitor present during all appointments with female patients and take a professional boundaries course.
Recoverable Compensation in a Plastic Surgeon Sexual Abuse Lawsuit
If you or a loved one were sexually abused by Dr. Kovanda or another plastic surgeon, then you may be eligible to participate in a lawsuit against the plastic surgeon and/or their medical practice. If you hire ASK LLP, we will seek the following damages for you:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future pain and suffering
- Past and future wage loss
- Past and future loss of earning capacity
- Past and future loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages, if justified
CALL TODAY! If you were sexually abused while treating with Dr. Kovanda or another plastic surgeon, you might be entitled to compensation. Call ASK LLP at (877) RING ASK (877-746-4275) for a free case evaluation.
Why You Should Choose ASK LLP
If you are sexually abused, you may not know what to do. We are here to help. We have already represented more than 3,000 sexual abuse survivors. We will always treat you with compassion, respect, and dignity. If you hire us, know that we will fight tirelessly to get you the best possible result.
Were you sexually abused by Dr. Kovanda or another plastic surgeon?
Call ASK LLP today at: (877) RING ASK / (877-746-4275) for a free case evaluation or fill out the form below.
Free Case Evaluation
Easy. Quick. Confidential
Sexual Abuse & Trafficking FAQs